What is Lead Generation?
The Holt Lead Generation System generates qualified prospects. Sales success starts and endures with an effective lead generation system. Without prospects, you can’t acquire new customers and without new customers; there is no business, no sales, and no revenue.
How to Generate Leads
There are sub-systems to a lead generation system. In order to determine the sub-systems for your business, you must answer the following questions:
- What are the needs and wants of your ideal customer?
- What are the demographics of your ideal customer; such as how many and what is their age, income, etc.
- What are the psychographics of your ideal customer – how do they think? How do they make decisions? What do they like?
- What message will get their attention so they seek you out?
- How can you reach them? Where do they go to get info? What methods and channels will reach them?
Once you have answered the questions above, you need to take the following steps:
Step 1: Develop a list of lead generation sub-systems such as; website, social media, brochures, direct mail, phone scripts, and content development.
Step 2: Develop a budget based on step 1.
Step 3: Develop campaign and schedules to execute step 1.
Step 4: Develop KPI’s such as;
- How many calls were made? How many direct mail pieces went out?
- How many prospects were reached?
- How many responses were received?
- How many were interested enough to obtain more contact information?
Answers to the above should be recorded in the lead generation management system to tell you what works and what doesn’t. In short, it will tell you what you need to know.
Direct Sales Lead Generation
- Sales Calls (Cold calling for needs, Voicemail promotions, Appointment setting,
Follow-up and relationship building, Surveys and research, Drive people to your
website, Database mining)
- Direct Mail (Postcards, Newsletters, Customer letter packages)
- E-Mail Blasts
Online Lead Generation
- Social Media
- CTA (Call To Action)
- Blog Subscriber List
Lead Generation Companies vs. Lead Generation Software
Lead generation companies provide marketing and lead generation services including monitoring and measuring performance and results to focus on the avenues that generate the most results. Lead generation software collects and measures processes and key performance indicators (kpis).
Focus on Getting Results from Your Lead Generation
Whether you are looking for direct sales leads or leads online, lead generation services can help you expedite the process and lower your costs per lead. You may decide that lead generation software best fits your needs or you may prefer to work with lead generation companies to minimize your efforts so you can focus what's more important to you. Holt Marketing and Management Services has been a consistent lead generator for ourselves and our clients and can help you figure out which of these options are right for you.